Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I have a private room?
Essendon Private Clinic has 33 beds and all but 2 are private rooms.
- How long do patients stay?
The length of stay for a Recovery and Rehabilitation patient will vary depending on their condition. The estimated length of stay is discussed with your treating Doctor.
Essendon Private Clinic supports families and carers every step of the way as we recognise the important role they play in the wellbeing of their loved ones. We welcome enquiries and are happy to answer your questions. We will work with you to share frequent progress on your loved one’s condition. For further information please contact us
- Discharge from Clinic
Where possible, we ask that patients complete their discharge by 11:00am. Prior to leaving, please call the front office to complete any final documentation and finalise the balance of your account.
Directions and Parking
Please see directions and parking information on our Contact Us page
Days: Monday to Sunday
Hours: 4:00pm to 8:00pm
Visiting hours have been arranged for patients’ convenience and that of their guests. To optimise our patients’ well-being and pathway to wellness we recognise the importance of family and friends in a person’s life and the importance of maintaining relationships even whilst participating in a Therapeutic program, and so we encourage our patients to have visitors during their stay. However, as the focus of the inpatient stay is to gain maximal benefit from participation in the Program there are of course some limitations with regard to Visitors:
- Visiting times are between 4:00pm and 8:00pm
- No more than 2 adults are permitted to visit a patient at any one time
- Children must be supervised at all times
- No Alcohol or other drugs are to be brought into the Clinic
- Essendon Private Clinic reserves the right to refuse future entry to any visitor who has a negative impact upon the patient they are visiting (or any other patient in the Clinic)
- Visitors must obey directions from staff with regard to the rules of the Clinic and in the unlikely occurrence of an emergency
- Smoking is only permitted in the designated area of the Clinic