The Essendon Private Clinic is a newly refurbished, boutique mental health clinic, with 32 private patient suites. We are conveniently located 25 minutes from the Melbourne CBD, and 15 minutes from Melbourne Airport. We are the only private mental health facility in the rapidly growing urban corridor north-west of Melbourne.
At Essendon, we aim to provide excellent mental health care and treatment of mental health conditions and addictions. Given our relatively small size and integrated treatment team, we are able to offer highly personalized mental health care. We are dedicated to providing a tailored approach that is suited to individual needs with sensitivity, empathy and warmth.
Formerly known as the Essendon Private Hospital, our reconditioned clinic reopened its doors at the beginning of 2018. The now Essendon Private Clinic is owned by Independent Private hospitals of Australia (IPHoA) and is fully accredited against The National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards.
Essendon Private Clinic operates under By-laws that support and facilitates a quality health service that delivers safe care. The By-laws:
- Establish the principles applying to the accreditation and defining scope of practice of practitioners
- Govern the relationship of Essendon Private Clinic with its accredited practitioners
- Set out rules for the conduct of accredited practitioners at Essendon Private Clinic
- Outline the obligations on accredited practitioners in relation to the safety and the quality of care of patients
- Ensure that a clinical governance framework is in place to evaluate, monitor and improve the quality and safety of the health services provided
- Set out the scope of practice for services the facility can safely support
To view a full copy of the current Essendon Private Clinic By-laws, please click here.